Kumar Medical Centre is keen to use digital technology to provide services to its patients. At the practice we are using technology in the following way to provide services:
Patient On-Line Services:
We offer the facility for all patients over the age of 18 years who have their own e-mail address to use the following patient on- line services. If you have not registered with the practice to use these on- line services, please ask at the reception. Please bring two forms of Id (one to be photographic) to register for on line services.
The practice offers and promotes the following patient on -line services:
- On Line Appointment booking :booking and cancelling of appointments
- On –line booking for repeat prescriptions: ordering of repeat prescriptions
- Patient access to their GP record: Viewing of their GP record (which includes coded information about allergies, immunisations, diagnoses, and medication and test results).
Online services are being offered in addition to the traditional telephone and face-to-face means of interacting with a GP practice. Patients can choose the route they prefer.
Patient Online Access can benefit patients by:
- making it easier and more convenient to book appointments, obtain test results and request repeat prescriptions;
- improving their understanding and ability to discuss health issues with their clinician;
- providing links to sources of information about their condition and treatment;
- providing information on which to make shared decisions about care;
- increasing patients' confidence to self-manage their condition;
- improving transparency of information in GP records;
- reinforcing health messages given by clinicians;
- improving patient safety
- giving patients choice whether or not to share their health information with family carers and other health professionals.
Electronic Prescription Services:
The practice uses electronic prescription services to provide regular medication o line at a time convenient to the patient needs without having to visit the practice to make a prescription request or collect the prescription.
To use this service the patient must have a current nomination to their preferred pharmacy.
SMS I Plato :
The practice uses the CCG commissioned service I-Plato to provide additional services covering campaign messages and friends and family test data collection.
This SMS appointment reminder service is used for reminding patients of their forthcoming appointments at a pre-determined time before their appointment. If the appointment is no longer needed the patient can text back Cancel which will directly interface within the practice clinical system and free the appointment for rebooking. To receive this service, please ensure that you provide the practice with your updated mobile number. Messages can only be sent to patients with a mobile number registered with the practice.
This feature has helped to reduce the number of DNA’s and helped increase patient access
It is very important that when you register with the practice, you need to let us know about the details of your previous GP. When you register with a new GP your medical records will be removed from your previous doctor and forwarded onto your new GP. GP2GP allows patients' electronic health records to be transferred digitally, securely, and quickly between their old and new practices. This improves patient safety by making full and detailed medical records immediately available to clinicians to provide good healthcare.
Referral management: In keeping with National requirements ,the practice uses NHS Number as the primary identifier in all NHS clinical correspondence issued by the practice.