It is a life threatening reaction to an infection.It happens when your immune system overreacts to an infection and starts to damage your body's own tissues and organs.
You cannot catch sepsis from another person.
Sepsis can be hard to spot .There are lots of possible vague symptoms that make it hard to spot.
Call 999 or go to A&E if an adult or older child has any of these symptoms of sepsis;
- acting confused,slurred speech or not making sense.
- blue,pale or blotchy skin,lips or tongue
- a rash that does not fade when you roll a glass over it.
- difficulty breathing,breathlessness or breathing very fast.
- They may not have all these symptoms.
Practice Lead : Dr.H.Kumar